How to Succeed in University Admission Screening Exercise – Top 8 tips
University Admission Screening Exercise 2017 | The long awaited university screening is finally approaching, all that runs in the minds of aspiring candidates is “will I get admitted?” Those who have tried many times will be even scarier with thoughts like “I don’t wish to spend an extra year at home” and at such times when you know not the future, all you have to hold unto is FAITH, “I will surely be admitted” that’s the spirit, I believe in your dreams but dreaming is not enough because you may wake up to realize you were still sleeping and all those things you saw were vision not reality. So, let’s take a walk into the dawn of reality.
How to Succeed in University Admission Screening Exercise
Below are steps to make your dreams come true and faith touchable.
The screening has finally arrived, before you set off for the screening, here are useful tips that will help you succeed in the screening test for any university. Just be glad you stumbled into this write-up at the right time.
Tips to Help you Succeed in 2017 Screening Test
- GET A CHANGE OF COURSE: If you know that your UME score will not be okay for your intended course of study, biko to avoid mistakes, get a change of course. If you notice you had made errors in your personal information during registration, make correction on that issue or if you know your cut off mark is low for the university you chose, change the institution before they screen you out. Do not wait for grace, you may not get it.
- GET THE NECESSARY FILES READY: there are basic document that’ll be needed for the screening, it is advisable you get them ready before the d-day to avoid running helter skelter at die minute. Go online; visit the school portal frequently for latest news updates.
- REGISTER ON TIME: Most candidates won’t register on time, they’ll wait for the deadline to start registering and at the end of the day you may not find your name or your name may appear at the very end of the list after you’ve stressed and cussed. With this stress, you may even loss interest and before you know; you don’t know where to start from.
- KNOW THE DATE AND TIME: On your form, the date for your screening will be included, there you can discover the date and time of your screening. This is the reason I stressed that you register on time to find out all you need to know. When you’ve discovered your date, time and venue, the next step is to locate your venue before the screening date to avoid perambulating the whole school on the day of your screening in search of your venue.
- ARRIVE YOUR SCREENING VENUE ON TIME: if you live away from the state where your school of choice is location, you will have to early before the screening begins, know why? This is because majority of the candidates will be arriving at that time and there may be traffic on the way. So, it is necessary you travel there before time. On the screening, do not wait till its time before you start hurrying there. In haste, you may forget the necessary documents you are supposed to present and that is one way to failure.
- GET ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS : You should be able to get all your documents and credentials ready both WAEC and JAMB and be able to carry all of them for the screening venue. If it is possible, arrange and sort them out a day before the screening to avoid forgetting any of the documents for the screening.
- APPEAR NEAT: There is a saying that “the way you are dressed is the way ou will be addressed” dress well for the screening. Don’t go in your church attire or your Christmas clothe (ha ha) rather go in something that will make you look presentable plus you don’t want to get intimidated by the mode of dressing of the others.
- PRAY TO GOD: Be optimistic and have faith. This is where your faith comes in and not when you do no work. Isn’t faith without work death? After you’ve put everything in place, don’t forget to go with the faith that “you’ll surely get admitted”. Faith maketh possible a lot of things.
With these tips, you are ready to sail, keep the boat on and paddle to success. Good luck!