Medecins Du Monde Recruitment 2017 – Application Guide and Requirements
Medecins Du Monde Recruitment 2017, In this site, you will get latest updates on Medecins Du Monde Recruitment 2017, recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free. See more details below;
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri – Borno, with frequent travel to field sites
Supervisor: Health Program Coordinator
Supervise: MoH Clinic Staff, Community Volunteers, Community Mobilisers
Starting Date: ASAP
Technical Link: Pharmacist, Database Officer, MDM trainers
Under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator, the Medical Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Operational Management and Leadership of one of MDM field Clinics
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of one of MDMs field clinics
- Manage Community Volunteers in the field (crowd controllers, registers, community mobilisers in coordination with community mobilization supervisor)
- Provide regular, timely updates to Health Program Coordinator
- Organize the weekly schedule of the Clinic team to ensure the smooth running of the activities
- Ensure that Clinic medical and paramedics staff respect their assigned tasks
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Clinic staff understand and work according to MdM principles
- Adhere to MDM HR policies, and ensure staff under supervision do the same
- Ensure rapid communication of suspect communicable disease to HPC
- Ensure in close collaboration with MdM trainers and the community mobilisers the correct follow up and the outcomes for all patients referred
- Ensure the logistics department is immediately informed of any maintenance required in the clinic
- Ensure the notice board in the clinic has relevant information and the clinic opening hours, as well as the services provided at the clinic
Pharmacy, Data Collection and Reporting:
- Oversee proper data collection, reporting and communication from daily health activities & pharmaceutical data working closely with the database officer and HPC
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to Clinic Staff together with the community mobiliser supervisor
- Assist MdM Health Program Coordinator and MdM medical coordinator in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedics protocols
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Supervise drugs stock management in mobile clinics and OTP
- Adhere to confidentiality principles for medical data collection
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the Health Program Coordinator
Coordination of MDM activities at the field level:
- Lead on coordination with other actors, including UN, INGO and GoN, in clinic area of operation
- Act as focal point for the clinic in the field for all internal and external stakeholders, including community leaders and representatives in clinic area of operation
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings where required
- Technical Management and Support to one of MDM field Clinics
- Provide technical support to mobile clinic staff according to National and other guidelines suggested by the Health Program Coordinator and MdM trainers
- Liaise closely with Health Program Coordinator and Pharmacist to ensure pharmaceutical supplies are continuous
- Liaise with medical trainers to ensure the delivery of quality SRH, CMAM, PHC services to the target population.
- Supervise community mobilisers in collaboration with the Community Outreach supervisor to ensure they are following the protocols according to the plan
- Oversee and support the implementation of best practices introduced by trainers and HPC
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy
- Assist in preparing and implementing operational action plan for MC and/or OT component in collaboration with MdM coordination team
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Health Program Coordinator and coordination team
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: email@example.com using “Clinic Medical Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 8th August, 2017.