How to Pass any Examination with Good Grades
How to Pass any Examination with Good Grades | Have you ever been in a situation where you were running helter skelter because examination was around the corner or because the time table for the examination has come out. You were like, Oh God! Exams period is fast approaching, where would I even start? Jamb is in two weeks’ time, where are my textbooks? What am I trying to say in essence? This article is going to highlight most of the reasons we fail in any exams not just school internal exams but life’s dreadful exam. I assure you that as you will observe the following tips below, success will become yours.
There’ll always come a time in every human’s life when we are locked behind closed doors and come face to face with a scary shadow, a dreadful moment it always is… (Calm down I ain’t talking death) it’s a time of test and exam. That always is the case in schools, colleges, when applying for jobs etc. at that time all you are faced with are the questions and the level of your preparation, your only tool. Why do we fail even when we prepare for exams?
- 1) Fear: Boniface got into the exam hall and at the sight of the first question; everything he had read vanished from his memory like smoke. He remembered he’d burned candles staying awake to read last night and couples of nights ago. He’d been hypnotized, had lost control and fret at the sight of the first questions because of fear. Fear is a fast killer, it pulls it trigger and sends it bullet flying silently into your heart and in a twinkle of an eye you are down not because you don’t have what it takes but because you’ve been shot by fear and at that time it becomes very difficult to even remember your name.
- 2) Cramming: Most of our students study by cramming. This is when you take a long period of time to recite a particular paragraph or definition. Cramming isn’t the best method of studying. One of the demerits of cramming is that you are liable to forget the rest of the sentence once you miss one word. So, you see? Better read to understand than cram to come first.
- 3) Distraction: Most failures are due to distractions. Sandra is a very bright student who beat the entire department with a 3.55GCPA last semester but it was shocking she had the average of 2.67GCPA this semester. This is due to distraction from friends, the new school’s club she signed into, family issues and emotional depression with Drake.
There are more to it that meets the eye but without further ado, I’ll be bringing to spotlight how to pass in any exams just keep reading and don’t touch the dial.
- 4) Redefine the way you view education: Education isn’t only when you are in the four walls of any learning institution rather education covers every aspect of life. You can learn online, from friends, travelling is referred to as the ‘greatest means of education’ an old cliché. Are you learning to get a job, to feel among, to pass exam? When you know the reason why you are in school, nobody will force you to read. Read to know and not to pass exams because after passing the exams you’ll be surprised you won’t remember the definition of ‘Agriculture’
- 5) Set a standard for yourself: Write a plan of the grades you want to score at the end of the semester and start working towards that.
- 6) Sketch a reading timetable for yourself: No matter how busy your schedule may get, never miss a day without studying. It is said that ‘if you neglect your math, it will neglect you for a week.
- 7) Read without ceasing: Didn’t the bible study to show thyself approved? Get pat questions and practice. Don’t wait till its examination period before you start reading, you are liable to forget everything you quoted thereby fumbling. Cultivate an healthy reading habit it’s for your future you may not see the need now.
- 8) Read wide: Do not depend only on course guidelines and text books rather read broad and wide. Cover every aspect of your course and others. It doesn’t have to be on your course of study you may derive inspiration and discover yourself by reading into other disciplines. Be versatile.
- 9) Rid yourself of distractions: You don’t wait for experience it’s considered a hard teacher. Don’t wait till you fail or carry over before you rid yourself of distraction of any form in friends, social medias, you know the rest.
- 10) Get enough sleep: Before you say I said you shouldn’t sleep. Have enough sleep it helps relax your brain and setting you for the next day. Lack of sufficient rest will make you dull and weak.
- 11) Get to watch movies and read good books: forget novels for now especially romance, it does no good. Read magazines where you can learn good grammar not outdated slangs. Good motivational books that spur you to make a difference. Some science fictions especially movies and books are mind blowing and suspense filled with that, you get to learn new ideas.
- 12) Surround yourself with people who have the same vision as do you: don’t go and make friends with drunks thinking ‘they can’t influence me’ you never know when you start going gaga and sing anaconda on the streets.